A Manhattan Love Story | Day 9


Day 9 - Brooklyn Bridge day!!

One of the things I was most looking forward to while in the city was walking the Brooklyn Bridge. Each time I've seen the bridge in movies or various cityscapes, my love for the beautiful structure deepens. When we woke up to another sunny day with blue skies and no concrete plans, I declared it Brooklyn day and we headed south.

We wandered around Fulton Street and the base of the bridge on the Manhattan side for a little bit and I found a beautiful municipal building that I feel head over heels for.


I seriously have a gazillion photos of this building.

As we climbed up onto the bridge I kept looking out at the city all around us.  I can't get over how gorgeous this city is.


Before we got too far I had to pose for a picture with the first Gothic Arch.  Eeeeee!!!!


And then I had the perfect opportunity to take the exact picture that I've been dreaming of for so many years. The light, the symmetry, the lines... ahhh, perfection. 


Yeah, I wasn't enjoying it at all ;)


The view of the Manhattan skyline was beautiful of course too...


All over the bridge there were locks that people had placed there over the years.  I'm not one for vandalizing public property, but when I saw this one, I had to at least take a picture of it. It was too perfect not to.


After taking our time enjoying the walk over the bridge we sought out a pizza joint and enjoyed a slice. Sadly I don't have a picture, but trust me, it was GOOD.  We then found a tattoo shop for Hannah to get the tattoo she had been planning.  We ended up finding a great shop and she was overjoyed at the results.

I had heard about the Peter Pan Donut and Pastry Shop in Brooklyn and, of course, had to seek it out. Long-story-short we found it, it wasn't what I was expecting, and I was uncomfortable with our surroundings for the first time in New York.  I bought 4 donut holes (they were ok), took a picture and we headed back to Manhattan.


There were few things that Hannah had on her list to see or experience while in New York, but Katz's Delicatessen was near the top.  So we headed back to the Lower East Side (swoon) and had dinner.


It was chaotic, crazy packed and amazingly delicious!  Unfortunately Hannah had an allergic reaction to the fries (she has a potato allergy) and didn't fully enjoy her dinner, but at least now she can say she's been there!

We found a Duane Reade for Benadryl (poor Hannah) and headed back to the apartment to turn in for the day.  It was a great day full of adventure!

No comments