A Manhattan Love Story | Day 8


Day 8 was a lazy day.  

After staying up until the wee hours of the morning on a post NYE high, I slept until noon. After waking up we decided to get a little breakfast/lunch and head down to the southern tip of Manhattan to catch the Staten Island ferry and check out the view of the Statue of Liberty.


The view from the ferry of the Manhattan skyline was amazing.  We ended up missing the first ferry and had to wait longer than expected.  I was frustrated at first, but it ended up being great since our ferry took off during the sunset.  The light was amazing!


Not gonna lie, I was bit disappointed that Lady Liberty was so small.  It was cool to see, but not what I expected.


The view from the back of the ferry.  So pretty!


After we returned to Manhattan we wandered around Wall Street and then headed to my favorite discovery... the East Village.  It was like a mini Portland in the middle (okay the lower east side really) of Manhattan.  I fell in love.  We wandered around and ended up taking in a movie (Into the Woods) at the East Theater.

It was a great and relaxing day.

No comments