Five Ways to Win My Heart

In an effort to get back in the habit of writing a little something each day, I've decided to follow a 30 day blogging challenge. The prompts won't always be great, but hopefully the writing will be, or if not great, at the very least, entertaining.

So here we go.


Day 1 | Five Ways to Win My Heart

1 | Be Available
Be present, be aware and be open to consistent communication. I am a communicator and being able to express your needs is important to me. It may not always be comfortable to hear it, but it's still important to me to know and be able to provide for you.

2 | Don't Be Afraid to Be Silly
Life is too short to be serious, and gosh darn it being silly is just so much more fun. 
Stuck in traffic? Let's see how many people in cars around us we can make laugh.
Long line at the grocery store? Contest to see who can make the cashier smile first!
Did Starbucks write the wrong name on your cup? Only answer to that name for the rest of the day!
There's a time to be professional and there's a time to be silly. Know the difference and own it.

3 | Be Good With Kids
There is nothing more endearing than a man who is good with children. Be comfortable holding a baby. Enjoy lying on the floor and using your imagination. Snuggle up and read aloud a good book. Bonus points if you use voices. 

4 | Be Comfortable Using Uncomfortable Phrases
Say "I'm sorry," "I forgive you," "Please forgive me," and "I love you," as often as necessary. 

5 | Allow Me to Love You
Letting down your guard and allowing someone to love you isn't easy. We all have past-life baggage and hurts that run deep, but being able to push through and be vulnerable enough to risk being hurt again is important. I'm willing to be hurt by you, please be willing to be hurt by me and trust me enough to know that I will never intentionally cause you pain.

No comments