Life Lately | Memorial Weekend

Memorial Weekend was an amazing 4 days of no work and all family.  

I began this glorious weekend with a quick "hello" to my favorite place as I made my way north to Long Beach, Washington.  It was cold and windy at the coast so I took just a quick stretch of the legs to photograph Haystack Rock and headed back to the car.


On the way back to the car I took a quick selfie with the Captain.  He looks awfully amused don't you think?


Once in Long Beach Jill, Blake, Emerson and I met up and settled into the cabin for the night.  We enjoyed catching up about house plans (them), new jobs (me), and celebrated being away and with family for a few days.

The next day was your quintessential Long Beach day with a visit to Adelaide's for coffee, books and chats. Blake met up with his step dad for a round of golf and Jill, Emerson and I headed to check out the Ilwaco Market.  


I just love these two so much <3


On Sunday we headed over to Astoria to meet up with Aunt Janet, Uncle Lauren and baby Ellie to explore the Astoria farmers market.  It was fun to walk around and look at the different booths with crafts, homemade goods and produce.  The market reminded me a lot of the Boise Market, and was the perfect size without being over or under whelming.

After exploring we popped into a local coffee shop to re-caffeinate and chat.  


Then we all headed back over to Long Beach for lunch/dinner and walked around downtown a bit. We enjoyed many giggles and good times.



Sunday night we loaded up the sand toys and headed down to the beach for a bit.  It was COLD, but Emerson was having a grand time playing with the sand, so we stayed as long as we could handle.



All-in-all it was a glorious weekend and one I hope to repeat many times.

No comments