Life Lately | An Update with Pictures

Life has been busy lately with lots of travel and exciting things happening!  This past week alone I traveled to and through 3 states and saw tons of friends and family. 

I love traveling, but I think it's made all the more sweeter when I get to come home and sleep in my own bed, shower in my own bathroom and resume a somewhat regular schedule for a little while.

Last Friday I headed off to the land of palm trees, blue skies and sunshine!


It's been almost a year since I last visited Palm Desert and I was well over-do for a visit!  I spent many days down at the pool with this view...


And many evenings on the patio with a glass of wine in my hand and this view...


It wasn't all pool time and sunsets though.  I also went into town and got my hair cut.  I have been contemplating growing it out, but just couldn't take the helmet hair anymore.  As soon as I saw the finished product, I immediately felt 'normal' again and like myself.  I think I'm destined for a life of short hair.


While I was sad to fly back home and leave SoCal, I was super excited to be back in Portland to join Kayla for the Amos Lee concert at the Oregon Zoo Thursday night!  Amos was amazing as usual, and I loved how close we were able to get to the stage with our general admission tickets.


How do I get press passes like those lucky ducks in the front?!  I was KICKING myself for not bringing my real camera.  I was close enough to have gotten some really great photos, but had to settle for iPhone snaps instead.


See?!?!  Look how close!  Sigh...


Early the next morning I was back at PDX to head to Boise for the weekend.


I spent Friday evening with my favorite person.  I just love spending time with this little.  She's such a character.


Sunday morning I was back in Portland again and joined my brunch book club crew at City State for a delicious breakfast and book chat.  It was the perfect temp to sit outside and enjoy a cup of coffee and a chat.


This next week I'm staying in Portland, and looking forward to some down time at home with a regular (or somewhat regular at least) schedule for a little while.

3 comments

  1. What a fabulous recap! I can't even remember the last time I was able to sit by a pool, or just sit back and enjoy the skies like you just mentioned. I hope I can get that sometime in August... sad that I can't even commit to being able to do that in July :( But you inspire me to try to get it in soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, those palm trees and that sunset... stunning! Sounds like a busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm envious of anyone that's had the wherewithal to travel this summer. Sounds like good times were had.

    ReplyDelete